Spiral Café – The Final Stop
On May 6, 2012 (tomorrow), I will be leading a Jane’s Walk through Vic West. Over the past week, I’ve posted quite a bit of information about the Walk on this blog and elsewhere. Here are the main points:
- You can find a description of the Walk in my blog post, Victoria Jane’s Walk 2012: Development, Redevelopment & Gentrification in Vic West.
- A similar description of the Walk is posted on the official Jane’s Walk website, at Victoria Walks: Development, Redevelopment & Gentrification in Vic West.
- You can find the Facebook event, and let me know that you’re coming, at http://www.facebook.com/events/279957082097202/. (An RSVP is not mandatory, but would be appreciated.)
- There is a list of other local walks on my blog, called Jane’s Walk 2012: Walks in the Victoria Area. You can also find others by selecting your city from a drop-down menu at the official site.
- There is more information on two of the controversial sites we will be visiting during the walk at Jane’s Walk 2012: Controversy at Point Hope and Jane’s Walk 2012: Contentious Issues to Talk About.
- In my post on Jane’s Links, I provided background information for the upcoming walk, including a chapter by chapter book review, a couple of biographies of Jane Jacobs (one here and one here), and a partial bibliography.
- Finally, I wrote a post yesterday that discusses our final stop (Spiral Café) and its relationship to Café Culture in general: Jane’s Walk 2012: On Café Culture.
- Update, May 11: The most controversial issue turned out to be the so-called “derelict” boats in Banfield Park harbour. See my discussion of the issue at Jane’s Walk 2012: On Derelict Boats.