In advance of The City Walk on Saturday, I wanted to share this list of books that I’ve been reading this month:
- Tim Benton (ed.). Understanding Heritage and Memory. Manchester: Manchester University Press, 2010.
- Steven High & David W. Lewis. Corporate Wasteland: The Landscape and Memory of Deindustrialization. Ithaca: IRL Press, 2007.
- Andreas Huyssen. Present Pasts: Urban Palimpsests and the Politics Of Memory. Stanford, Calif.: Stanford University Press, 2003.
- Sheena Wilson (ed.). Joy Kogawa: Essays on Her Works. Toronto: Guernica Editions, 2011.
- Joy Kogawa. Obasan. Toronto : Lester & Orpen Dennys, 1981.
Join me at the Solstice Café on November 24, 2012, at 10:00 am, to find out how these books have influenced my thinking on how history, memory and the urban landscape are connected. You will have the opportunity to contribute your own knowledge and memories. More details here.