An occasional miscellany of urban links, including a City Talk video, a walking tour announcement, gentrification versus aristocratization, an online Chinatown museum, and how to fix Las Vegas.
- This week, The City Talks posted a video of Sharon Friel’s March 21, 2013 lecture, “The Challenge of Improving Urban Health Equity Globally.”
- Reimagining Oaklands: On Sunday, April 14, 2013, Rethink Urban partners with the Oaklands Community Association to facilitate the second walk in a series called The Places Project. Sign up at Meetup, and join the group at the Oaklands Community Centre (2827 Belmont Avenue) at noon on April 14.
- According to The Onion, the real problem with gentrification is aristocratization.
- The University of Victoria, in partnership with The Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association, The Chinese Public School, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada, has launched an online museum about Victoria’s Chinatown.
- Gordon Price recently visited Las Vegas. Read his take on the city in Las Vegas: A Dilemma of their own Design, which includes his excellent photography and analysis.