I have designed and led several other walking tours on urban themes. You can find descriptions of them by following these links:
- Victoria Jane’s Walk 2012: Development, Redevelopment & Gentrification in Vic West
- Oaklands Neighbourhood Walk
- The City Walks – Labour Migration & The Creation of Ethnicity in Victoria
- The City Walks II – Urban Renewal & The Politics of Exclusion in Victoria, B.C.
- The City Talks III – History, Memory & the Urban Landscape
- Jane’s Walk 2013 – The Death and Life of the Tillicum-Burnside Action Plan?
- The City Walks – “Old Religions in New Cities, New Religions in Old Cities”
- The City Walks Outline – “Places of Worship, Social Services & City Planning in Victoria”
- The City Walks Outline – Victoria in the Religious Imagination
- The City Walks – Is Everywhere Under Surveillance?
- The City Walks – The Paradoxes of Place: Policing Poverty & Pursuing Social Justice in Victoria
- The City Walks – In the Shadow of Mega-Events: Protests, Policing and the Military in Victoria
- Jane’s Walk 2015 – Rediscovering the Complex Legacy of Urban Renewal in Downtown Victoria
I am leading a series of walks during the fall of 2013 on “Religion in the City.” You can find more information here:
- Walking Tours and the Religious Landscape of Victoria
- CSRS 2013 Newsletter: Blame it on Jane, The City Walks & Religion in the City
Here are some of my reviews and theoretical musings about walking tours: